Monday, April 11, 2011

weekend update.

This weekend was, sadly, NOT a long weekend. But I did get a good bit accomplished!! I made my first dress!!!! EEEEEKK!!

My grandparents stayed the night at our house Thursday night and so I enlisted my Grandmother's help in cutting out my dress pattern. She's totally a pro. I kept her up til 11:30 and she wound up sleeping in til 9:30 the next day!!! Party animal.

I used some gorgeous jade solid-colored fabric, which I got on the cheap at Thread...can't really beat $5.50 a yd for that kind of quality. I sewed on it most of the day on Friday and most of Saturday evening. I had to have my mother's help with some of it, but I finished and was able to wear it to church on Sunday!!

I wore it with my fav leopard print cardi and even made some earrings and a ring to match it out of my left over fabric.

So without further ado, here's my dress!!





front up close:




back up close:




This weekend I also finished embroidering a shirt for my sis, Emily. She chose a lovely pinup girl from Sew Lovely that turned out just beautiful. I love, love, LOVE their patterns!!



In related crafty news, on Thursday, I received this yummy goodness in the mail, Tula Pink Plume fabrics:



This weekend I hope to be working on some stuff for the next First Friday (May 6!) and possibly a skirt!!

3 comments:

  1. um. amazing dress. impressed. and i LOVE the fabric!!! i can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete