Thursday, April 7, 2011

13.5 before 28.

so i've noticed a lot of people posting lists of things they want to do before their next birthday. so, even though i know my birthday is only 4 months away, i thought i could post my [easy and abbreviated] list of things to do before i turn 28. i can post a more extensive one for when i turn 29. *shudder* but until then, here's my [easy] 13.5 before 28:

1. start a blog. and actually use it. {done!}

2. finish my tattoo on my back. it's a girl holding a stack of books, with glasses and a quirky little grin. in other words, its me. i have the outline finished, i just need to have her colored in.

3. start a new tattoo. i've been wanting somthing crafty-themed to go with my buttons and thread on my right forearm. i also want a tula pink tattoo of this lovely lady:



4. learn to sew. scratch that. become most excellent at sewing.

5. make a dress. hopefully i'll be starting on that one this weekend with this pattern and some fabric i picked up while at work yesterday:



6. open up an etsy shop. this is well in the works already actually. my cousin, cynthia (who is a graphic design major) is designing me some stuff for the blog AND my etsy shop!! excited!! you can see her blog here: www.cynthithelamb.blogspot.com


7. make a bunting for my birthday. a nice one. maybe more than one.













8. i really hate losing weight goals, but i'm already started on this one. 30+ pounds and counting. i hope to lose about 20-30 more by my birthday.

9. see at least 2 more live shows. in the past six months i've seen:

Needtobreathe

The Civil Wars

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights

i would like to see:

Matthew Mayfield

Brooke Fraser

Kindlewood

Adele

Needtobreathe again (after their new album comes out)

Feist (but i don't believe she's touring. sad.)

10. obtain as much of this tula pink full moon forest fabric that i possibly can: (which is tricky, b/c it's been out of print for 4 years.)



11. let my hair grow long[er]. it's been short for way too long. i would eventually like it to look like this:




12. in related news, finish watching all the seasons of Pushing Daisies.

13. invest in a decent record player. and some amazingggg records.

13.5. maybe buy a kindle. or an ipod.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I was planning to do this over the weekend and post it the day after my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm while you're at making yourself a 'bunting' (i just now learned what one was called) can i have one too!? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait on the Kindle...I have one, but I have never used it. I am trying to decide if it would be inappropriate to sell it (it was a graduation gift), but really, I never use it, and would hate for it to go to waste.

    ReplyDelete