Monday, April 4, 2011

ahhhh. [long] weekend in review.

last week my mom and i both took a couple of days off work just to kinda relax and get ready for first friday, so our weekend really started on wednesday.

on wednesday i baked my fake-a-roons, which i previously posted about. The Whimsical World of C.e.: baking experiment: fake-a-roons. http://t.co/5AfBLqL

on thursday i took the tote bag class at Thread, taught by my darling [new!] friend Shelly!! it was a ton of fun and now i'm addicted to making tote bags. i really enjoyed the class because i'm just learning to sew, so it really helped me become more familiar with the ins and outs of a sewing machine. i'm a lot better now at winding a bobbin and threading a machine :) aaaaaand here's the bag i made!!




after the class, i stayed at Thread to hold down the fort so Alyson could go run errands and my friend Cheryl stopped by to visit. it was her birthday! so she hung around til i closed down the shop and we went for manicures and italian food. after i got home, i made her a tote bag and some earrings for her bday gift to give to her friday night at her alabama family dinner. (Cheryl hails from the great state of texas so we've become her alabama family!)

friday we had first friday in downtown florence, which is where vendor set up booths and sell handmade goodies. my mom and i have a booth where we sell our cute little wares. she makes aprons, cute little towels for your kitchen, wallets, checkbooks, pincushions and bookmarks!! i usually have a random assortment, this time i had lots of earrings and hairbows. the pincushions and earrings seemed to be the hot ticket items this month. you never can tell what people will want to buy!! here's a pic of a pincushion and a pair of my earrings.





my cousin cynthia and her fiance matt came up this weekend so they came to first friday along with her parents. we all went to rosie's mexican cantina after for Cheryl's bday dinner.

saturday i worked at thread and it was busy and wonderful. after work came the best part of my weekend: my grandmother's 80th birthday party. everyone came down to our house. around 5 pm we had a surprise visitor arrive!! my cousin wyman from Birmingham. excitement was abound!! :) then we had dinner and cupcakes from a cupcake cake that cynthia made. and then about 7 pm ANOTHER surprise....my cousin Phillip and his wife and baby pull in the driveway...all the way from HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!! everyone nearly passed out. tear and grins and laughter were in full force. it was such a wonderful day and my grandmother was loved on and enjoyed by everyone. she told me yesterday that it was her best birthday ever.

my grandparents with all us cousins (minus kaci, wyman's wife who had to stay at home):



i love these people to pieces. we all grew up loving each other like brothers and sisters and the spouses everyone have chosen have been the perfect additions to our ever-growing family.

here's a pic of my sis, cynthia and me. we're so excited for her wedding in june and can't wait to serve as her double maids of honor!!!



sunday was gorgeous as well and a fabulous day at church. my sister subbed in my sunday school class for my normal teaching partner and we had a dance party with my preschoolers :) after i got home from church, i began working on yet another tote bag!! it's almost finished and i'll post pics later!

i hope everyone had a weekend that was as half as happy as mine!! :)
and enjoy the rest of your monday!

1 comment:

  1. i love you. and i can't wait to see that awesome tula pink fabric!

    ReplyDelete