Monday, March 28, 2011

i may or may not have become addicted to sewing.

SO a couple of weekends ago, i finally was able to finish my skirt that i started a while back. very excited indeed to have completed my very first sewing project on my own! (with a little advice along the way from my beloved mama, of course.) i used some Michael Miller fabric that i ordered a couple of years ago and never got around to using. i used simplicity pattern #2258. its a great pattern for a super-cute casual skirt. plus it has pockets and i adore skirts or dresses with pockets!! and here's some pictures of the finished product!!

the whole skirt:



pocket close-up:



hem close-up (which i hand stitched!)




Thursday i'll be taking a tote bag class at Thread where we'll be whipping up a handy little tote bag for you know, toting things. I'm super excited, mainly because i chose these fabrics for my bag:

Etsuko Furuya eyeglasses in green for the outside:



and Tula Pink fans in mist for the inside:




this weekend i'm going to attempt to whip up a hairbow for myself, using this bowtie pattern from Jennifer Paganelli and Carla Hegeman Crim. Jennifer Paganelli just came out with a new line of fabrics called Honey Child that is just gorgeous, which i talked about in one of my last posts. anyways, here's the link!!

http://www.sisboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SisBoomBoscoBowtie-1.pdf

hopefull i'll post pics in the next post or two!!

3 comments:

  1. You should post a picture of you or someone wearing the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea!! i think i might do just that later!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this. i think you may have to make me something....

    ReplyDelete